Percy

Percy

1997–2011

As a friend said, this is "its own entire category of sadness."

He was the best dog I've ever known. He made it tough to be a skeptic of the soul (whatever that means). It's so peculiar and irrational, our companionship with dogs. I loved Percy. It was an unsophisticated and simple and pure and enormous love. I will stretch my reason enough to have certainty always that he knew I loved him. And I will forever stretch my notion of love enough to be sure he loved me too. I'll miss him terribly and remember him always.









Comments

Bradley said…
Ben, I'm really sorry to hear this. Hang in there.
Amy Mullery said…
Percy always met me in the yard, near the fence, and was the first one to meet me at the front door. He was the best neighbor and gave me the best gifts, but most of all he was a BEST friend! I am going to miss him very much...
Frank said…
Percy was one of those rare dogs, who when you looked into his eyes, you could sense his intellingence. In this way he reminded me very much of one of my old dogs, Hobo, and thus I felt instantly connected and charmed by him. I didn't know Percy real well, but I'm glad I had the chance to meet and spend some time with him. He will not be forgotten.
TomS said…
I just found your blog...and this post about Percy...who seems to have left you recently. I am sorry...Dogs give us the purest love, and it hurts terribly to lose it. My condolences..Percy looked like a fine friend and companion.

Popular Posts