Yeah Yeah!


Allow me to introduce myself by saying that I'm not one to wax sentimental about music. I'm the first to defend the music being created at this moment in time, unwilling to throw it all in the garbage. But I can't help but fantasize about a bygone era when "their" American Idol was better than "our" American Idol. Could you imagine turning on your television set and seeing this:



Hundreds of teenagers screaming to the sounds of one of the greatest, most stylish, intelligent songwriters of the 60s? I realize the sentiment isn't new, but it boggles my mind that their Kelly Clarkson was the iconic singer Françoise Hardy. Frustratingly, music critics can sometimes dismiss her, as this ludicrous biography on All Music Guide does, using "middle-of-the-road" to describe her on two occasions. There is a fairly long biography found here. It reveals a solitary, stage-frightened woman, who embraced her fame almost in spite of herself. And it's worth mentioning that she became an astrologer later in life. And that's all I'll say about that.

Comments

Popular Posts